21°
Washington, MO

Cause of Storage Unit Fire Deemed Accidental

A fire at a storage complex in Union was caused accidentally.  The fire occurred at a complex off of Old County Farm Road, about one mile off Highway 47.  Union Firemen were called to the scene at 7 am on Friday. Eleven of the approximately 57 storage units making up the wood frame building were damaged in the blaze.  Crews from Washington, St. Clair, and Boles provided mutual aid.  Firemen were on the scene for about two hours.  No one was injured in the fire.  Franklin County Fire Investigator Jim Schumacher  says the fire occurred when a homeless woman living in one of the units inadvertently set the fire with a candle which came in contact with combustible material.  The woman called 911 and stayed on the scene until authorities arrived.

 

#local_news #featured

Comments

Download our App

   

Community Calendar

View all events

LOCAL SPORTS
UPCOMING EVENTS

KLPW Copyright © 2018 | Broadcast Properties, Inc | All Rights Reserved
Designed and Hosted by RiverBender.com
EEO Report | Privacy | Terms & Conditions | Contest Rules